Established in 1947, area code 419 serves north-western Ohio, encompassing several counties and cities. Notable cities and towns within this area code include Toledo, Lima, Sandusky, Findlay, Bowling Green, Defiance, Tiffin, Fremont, Celina, and Fostoria. Area code 419 covers a vast region spanning 12,788 square miles, making it vital for individuals and businesses to be aware of the area code when making long-distance calls.
Some of the counties served by area code 419 include Lucas, Wood, Hancock, Erie, Wyandot, Seneca, Putnam, Mercer, Sandusky, and Ottawa, among others. It lies adjacent to area codes 567 (which overlays 419), 734 (Michigan), 989 (Michigan), 567, 937, and 440.
According to recent estimates, the population within the area code 419 region is approximately 1.2 million people. Toledo, being the largest city within this area code, has an estimated population of around 274,000 people. Of this population, around 84% are located in urban areas, while the remaining 16% live in rural areas.
Due to the significant population and the rich economic activities in this region, area code 419 was set to exhaust its number resources in 2001. As a solution, area code 567 was introduced in 2002 as an overlay, providing additional number resources for the high telecommunications demand within the region.
Zip Codes in Area Code 419
There are several zip codes within the region covered by area code 419. These zip codes range from 43008-45899, and some of the most common ones include:
- Toledo: 43601-43699
- Lima: 45801-45899
- Sandusky: 44870
- Findlay: 45839-45840
- Bowling Green: 43402-43403
- Defiance: 43512
- Tiffin: 44883
- Fremont: 43420
- Celina: 45822
- Fostoria: 44830
The area code 419 region is home to a diverse range of industries and businesses, making it the economic hub of north-western Ohio. Toledo, the largest city in this area code, is famous for its glass and auto manufacturing industries, which have earned it the nickname 'Glass City'. The city is also home to academic institutions like the University of Toledo, which significantly contributes to research and economic growth in the region.
Findlay, another important city in the area code 419, is famous for its manufacturing industry, particularly in the production of tires and auto parts, which employs a significant number of people. Additionally, the region is home to a thriving agricultural sector, including the production of soybean, corn, and dairy products.
Area code 419 is significant for the sheer size of the region it covers and the diversity of economic activities found within it. Its introduction in 1947 as one of the original area codes has seen it become a crucial part of north-western Ohio's identity. With this information, residents and businesses in this region should have no difficulty navigating communication within the area code 419. Remember to take note of zip codes and the overlaying area code 567 for smooth communication.